Electrolytes truly are the “Spark of Life” as described in the book, "Electrolytes, the Spark of Life," by Gillian Martlew. While many of the known elements can be classified as Electrolytes, there are five elements recognized around the world as essential for maintaining a properly functioning electrical circuit within our body. They are:
These elements are necessary for:
- Nerve conduction
- Maintenance of cellular osmotic balance
- Preservation of proper acid-base (pH) balance throughout the body
- Chromium was added for the proper management of sugar.
The electrical system within our body encompasses our heart, brain, and nervous system. As such, it is absolutely essential that our cells be replete with these elements. Electrolytes carry electrical impulses from the brain to every part of the body to keep it in healthy balance.
There are numerous ways to become out of balance with these elements in everyday life:
- Electrolytes are lost predominately through sweating when doing strenuous exercise. If their loss is not compensated for relatively quickly, the ability to continue with the exercise can become difficult or impossible.Other activities that produce profuse sweating such as physical labor, yard work, or taking a sauna, create a need for Electrolyte replacement.
- We may also become deficient in these essential minerals when experiencing occasional emotional stress. Emotional stressors can come from worry, abuse, fear, and other factors, all of which require minerals to maintain our defenses.
- Not only do we lose or use up a lot of essential Electrolytes on a day-to-day basis as noted above, but those who take prescription medications such as diuretics are at increased risk of depleting Electrolytes.
- Excessive alcohol consumption rapidly depletes Electrolytes and imbalances our electrolyte equilibrium.
Eidon Liquid Minerals are All Natural, Highly Bioavailable and contain NO sugars, starch, artificial flavors, colors, preservatives or animal by-products. Vegan and Gluten-Free. Eidon uses the finest ingredients known to us in the formulation of our unique preparations. Out of respect for all life, we do not test - nor have we ever tested - our products on animals.
Obtaining the needed minerals via the food we eat is a chronic problem today. This is primarily due to our deficient soils and over processing and over cooking of our foods. Drinking ultra-purified water can also strip our body of these essential minerals. It is important to be aware of the fact that reverse osmosis and distilled water will actually act in reverse of what nature intended our water to do. Instead of being a mineral delivery system, the minerals are taken out of the water and this puts additional stress on the body tissue to compensate for the lack of minerals in the water. The minerals must then be taken from our healthy reserves in bone and muscle, thus leaving our system deficient and vulnerable. Replacement is essential!
Information on this site is provided for informational purposes and is not meant to substitute for the advice provided by your own physician or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing or treating a health problem or disease. If you have or suspect that you have a medical problem, contact your health care provider. Information and statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
26 Reviews Write a Review
Best Electrolyte product I have found, bar none. Solved a critical electrolyte imbalance for me. Miraculous stuff really.
I started giving this, in addition to multiple minerals, to my almost 14 year old dog who is sick. Her situation has improved greatly. I am so thankful for all of your products, especially this one!!!!
It was recommended to me to get more electrolytes in my system. So this is the most convenient way.......2 eye droppers per day 8OZ of water.....has helped alleviate the issue I was having. Blue bottle is annoying as you cannot see how much is left......
Part of my self-styled recovery plan is to "listen to my body" and only supplement with what it really needs. Eidon Electrolytes has become an integral part of my very pared down list of supplements – I add 15 drops to a glass of fresh green juice every morning.
I use this product with a Keto based eating approach. It has been instrumental in helping me maintain proper electrolyte balances and reduce any leg cramps.
Simple, easy to use. Just add the drops to my water each evening before bed. Thanks!
Excellent product, contains exactly as described and provides you with more information on the uses of electrolytes. This is my fourth bottle from the Eidon company. I appreciate the fact they do not overdo it on cheaper calcium carbonate. And it has a very neutral taste. Plus I did not like the extra Vit. C included in packaged drinks or the addition of sugar. This product contains no sugar.
This is a standard for me. I take It on a daily basis. No recurring bouts of dehydration. Strongly recommend this product.
Love this stuff. One vial in a bottle of water or juice is tasteless and gives me my electrolytes easily. Because it has salt in it, be wise. Put too much in your favorite drink and you will taste it.