Manganese is an essential element most people know little to nothing about. Additionally, there is some concern that large amounts may create problems rather than solve them.
Adequate tissue Manganese is important for numerous physiological functions. Among those are:
- Maintaining optimal energy and strength levels
- Catalyzing the production of SOD (superoxide dismutase), a free radical scavenger made in the liver
- Supports healthy bone and cartilage
- Proper growth and reproduction
- Bile production for fat metabolism
- Proper functioning of the digestive tract
- Supports neurological health
With the amount of processed foods consumed today, obtaining adequate Manganese is a problem for many people. Also, the DRI (daily recommended intake) has not been established to any degree of accuracy. This adds to the major confusion over how much the average individual needs daily.
Eidon’s Manganese provides one with the ability to easily adjust their intake to match their needs at 2mgs per suggested dose, which is the AI (adequate intake) recommended by the National Academy of Science.
Food high in Manganese:
Wild-caught fish and organic nuts, beans, whole grains and black tea.